MMMS: Mysterious Merci Man Stories

I remember one story I wrote in my journal.
I met the men of my dreams a few days ago.
Nope, he's not the same man I mentioned in my last post, whom I kept meeting in my dreams. Since we're on the subject, I feel I need to announce, he hasn't been appearing in my dreams in these past few weeks and that's a good thing. I came to the conclusion he's not "the one". "The one" wouldn't be an asshole to me. I mean that's a reasonable assumption.

Back to meeting the man of my dreams. Please don't get confused. I can't help but admit, I thought about him all night from the bus ride back home. I meet lots of people, but rarely does one leave me smitten. It hasn't happened in quite a while. It's probably because he only spoke French and we couldn't communicate. We didn't seem to mind. We sat comfortably quiet for what felt like hours, even though it was only a few seconds. I left the bench that evening hurting so badly, wishing he didn't have to leave. I never did get to know him, or where he was headed. But that wasn't ever going to taint the short time we spent together, separately. I only knew he was French because he was on the phone for a bit before I sat next to him.

My astrologist said, "these next two years will be all work, and even if you tried to take time off for fun, you wouldn't have any, and on love, well, love will come eventually to love you. You will be loved. Looking for it now will only slow you down. It's hard for you to love a single other these days. You will be in love with your work." Those were her exact words. Yes I jotted them all down when she said them to me like I was doing dictation.

Great! That's just what I need. Like work is going to send me goodnight texts or hold my hand at the movies or smile at me from across the dinner table. Work will never spoon me. So with that in mind, I had to forget the boy in the navy ish tank with sparkles shaded pair of eyes when we took glance of each other whose name I probably can't even pronounce and go on enjoying my day off defiantly. I thought this life would be a bit more glamorous and/or romantic. What was I thinking?

She's a good friend of mine. Also she's not really an astrologist. She's my supervisor now. I told her bout my plans, that I'm writing a novel. That's when she gave me that reading, making it very clear I have to 'work' on that aforementioned novel and not be distracted by trivial matters such as love or money. Write like you're about to faint from the lack of food, water and nutrition. If all goes well, it'll take a little over the estimated time which is two years. I will either have a complete book by then or be dead.

Life's a full of surprises and the perfect tie-in to this subject would be an event that occurred last week at my apartment. I was busy writing something one afternoon, transferring the thoughts in my head to the notes in my book when I grew hungry. I knew there was absolutely no food so I reached for a bottle of mineral water next to my bed which almost empty. To my surprise there was no bottle left from 12 packs crack that cost 12MYR I bought last weeks. I usually plan for these things. I'd never been ran out of mineral water cause I usually thirsty all the time. I had no choice but to grab my keys and head to the convenience store downstair. Since I was hungry I thought I'd get a snack along with a box of mineral water bottles.
I spied a very weird looking snack, which I had never encountered ever, sitting alone on a shelf. It was in a rectangular box and snack sized and it only cost a dollar forty, therefore I took a closer look. On the packaging, it said "Prize inside." Score! I didn't have to think twice.

Back to my apartment, I opened it up and started snacking on it. Granted I had no idea what I was munching on greedily, but there's no greater treat than a munchie that rewards you with a toy after you've eaten all the saturated fats from the goodie bag.
However, recalling what my astrologist told me about not having fun, I feared she was right. I consumed all of the dainty caramel like tasting tidbits only to discover there was no prize inside. I read the package again and again. If I had glasses on I would have worn them when I left it at my parent's some days ago, I felt like an old person who couldn't believe my eyes. "Prize inside." it said in big, happy letters. My perfect eyesight confirmed it. "But not for Liyana" it must've said in microscopic letters. What is God trying to do to me?

I grow stronger at these losses, I tell myself. I don't need any more sweet surprises. I hate the memory of sweet snacks so I decided to unchained myself from sugary habits of snacking. I don't need these surprises anyway. Just stick to the schedule and the paid programming. Yours is on its way. Remember to being hopeful that good things come to those who wait. How do you say "I hope so" in French?

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in moonlove

Unbeknownst to just about everybody

For one more day